PEDER ISTAD was born in 1968 (Molde, Norway). He graduated from The Oslo National Academy of the Arts, Faculty of Colour, in 1996. Peder works in a number of expressions and material, with an emphasis on sculptural installations in stone and ice. He has worked on numerous landmark spatial installations in public arenas and in landscapes and is one of the most sought after three-dimensional artists in Sweden and Norway.
- Bjørnsonfestivalen festival artist (1998)
- 1st prize with Snøhetta (architectural firm) in the competition for the Opera House (2000)
- Design and construction of Isrosa, the tradition of King Harald Vs birthday (2007)
- 1st price. Granite sculpture (Arons, Istad) Steinfort, Luxembourg (2008)
- Sugar Suite, Icehotel 365, Jukkasjärvi, Sweden (2016)
- Åretak, HMK Haralds 80th birthday, Thingnes, Norway (2017)